The C6 and C6C models represent the most flexible drilling rig size in the Boyles range. They share the same depth capacity of 1 200 m and the powerful feed system, main winch and Tier III low emission engine to enable efficient deep drilling. These two models are differentiated by the mode of transport – the C6 being trailer mounted, while theC6C is crawler mounted.
Drilling rigs offer you at a more favorable price than ever. You are offered a basic rig design that gives you everything that characterises leadership: The power to take on any job with trouble-free operation year after year, paired with a highly competitive cost of ownership.
Features & benefits
Reliability and trouble-free operation. Each and every component of rig is designed to withstand harsh
operational conditions with a minimum of service required.
The power to get any job done. The rig comes with a powerful, Tier III low emission engine that brings out the full capacity of the rig, giving you the power to get the job done.
Efficiency to collect more core per hour. The feed system is designed to optimize the penetration speed,
generating as much core result as possible.
Personal safety first. The rig is equipped with pressure rolls on the main hoist, automatic stop functions
on the drum and mast top, easily accessible emergency stops etc. All for the driller’s safety.
High usability lets you focus on the job at hand. All key components are accessible from a user-friendly
and intuitive control panel
Flexible enough to take on almost any job
The C6 surface core drilling rig is part of the Boyles range, a new generation of quality drilling rigs that combine productivity with a favorable life cycle cost.
C6 represents the most flexible rig size in the Boyles range and is available in trailer-mounted ( C6) or crawler-mounted (C6C) versions.
Safe and ergonomic
• Two E stops on the drill unit are standard and C6C has another E stop for the Radio Remote Control.
• Drill operators are protected from the rotation unit by a safety cage.
• Possible to operate by feel while focusing on the drilling operation, thanks to the operator friendly control panel.
Flexible drilling rig size
• Compact structure, giving excellent space utilization using fitted modules.
• Foldable 2-section mast simplifies short-distance transport of the rig.
Reliable and powerful
Both the C6 and C6C are equipped with:
• A powerful main hoist.
• A rod holder with a long-life gas cartridge that handles rods from BO to PO size and casing up to HW.
• A proven and reliable rotation unit with 4-speed gear box that can generate the high rates of penetration with very high torque when it is required.
• A reliable power unit, Cummins QSB 6.7 Tier III (153 kW), which brings out the full capacity of the rig, resulting in higher penetration rates to the bottom of the hole.
Radio remote controlled ( C6C)
The tramming functions of the rig can be precisely controlled from a safe distance, eliminating the danger
of being on or next to the machine while in motion. If radio contact is lost, tramming will stop automatically.